Saturday, October 13, 2012

USGI Gerber Entrenching Tool (E-Tool)

An entrenching tool (E-tool) is a handy item to have around, be it in your truck or attached to your ruck. You can dig, chop, or even use it as a field expedient toilet seat. I use the Marine Corps issued Gerber E-tool; it is lighter and just as effective as the old style E-tool. My particular E-tool came with a coyote brown MOLLE sheath.



The main difference with the Gerber E-tool is that the handle is glass filled nylon rather than aluminum. This makes the Gerber E-tool a light 53 oz. in comparison to the 2.46 lb. weight of the old style E-tool.

My E-Tool stays in my Jeep and I've beaten the crap out of it in the rocky desert areas that I frequent. It's certainly not as pretty as it was when I first got it, but it's still going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment